Neeraj Publications-Arrogance take you nowhere

[tweetmeme source="mrnitishkumar" only_single="false"]

Add to Google Buzz

It would never been the case that I might be writing over some particular shop or misbehave of employees there coz I understand the way things work. Acts of individuals should not be linked with the reputation of shop/ enterprise itself, but still thought to make a point over online bookings or book shops might be working.

I been fond of reading books but sure not like those big ones, who can be found living with lots of books at books home. On the contrary, you wont find any books at my place as whatever I buy, get borrowed or gifted away soon as I repeat read books only over years. But, I am sure one of those many crying out there for the fact that we don’t find enough buyers or readers for books and only those books make through reach public, which might have been pushed a little bit by media or some award that might have got. But let me share a few experiences here to tell you all why books stay far from reach …


My experience is very ordinary and could easily be defended by the Book Shop itself saying that its not possible to please everyone, but still what a helpless buyer could be doing than just making a point …

The matter was just simple.. my sis called me for some IGNOU books from Mumbai. Unfortunately, even delivery_man_CoolClips_vc012362 though important, sometimes, its hard to find these books on common bookshops. Searching leads to you a name Neeraj Books, New Delhi and that’s the reason I got call as I live in Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi now days. This isn’t been the first occasion, I got a similar request in late 2009, somewhere in November. Will also mention that but bad part first ..

Having a pretty busy schedule and life, sometimes, it doesn’t allow me to drive all over to the shop myself, which is just 9 kms from here I guess (though on opposite route, where I don’t go most of the time). I preferred to order over phone and web both the times. Last time, I dropped a mail to info@neerajbooks.com and also placed an order through their site, but no one came up. I called up them and after dozens of time, when someone picked up then I was to know that it would take at least 15 days to get those books delivered to me. Great!!!!

Interesting to hear. I have got my Laptop delivered to me from UK all the way within seven days, I got Nokia Trial devices from WomWorld, London within three days twice and here where I don’t even get confirmation or some kind of tracking about order status, I am supposed to wait for 15 days just for knowing that if books are available, will be sent or whatever… ?? Make sense??

I was annoyed even that time too… but somehow my phone was picked by some decent man, who was able to reach out to Laxmi Nagar itself. First I discussed with him about the option that if I could send the book directly to Mumbai if its gonna take the same time, but it was he, who came out with the option that as he know the area, he could himself deliver the books to me. I was sure happy with that and I got the books in two days only as it was man-to-man delivery otherwise I was struggling through channels.


Its true that you can’t be lucky all the times to meet the right man and it has to do more with the system itself. Whenever, you are making some site and placing some kind of order system, you need to be prompt about mailing things and also need to make sure that each request get attended and replied in real time otherwise, no point of having such a website, you are wasting time of customer.

Yes!! Your guess is right, I was not lucky this time. I talked to them over phone and asked if I could buy some begging books and they said Ok.. I mentioned that I could order from site, they said that would be better and books could be delivered easily as you are talking about a nearby and familiar place Laxmi Nagar. I placed the order and later when I tried to confirm the same (as I got no acknowledgement of my mail or even of order that I submitted through order form on their site), then someone on their side replied that it will take at least 15 days. I said at least I could be acknowledged and why should it take this much time, when its a local delivery only?

I got the arrogant reply back that I should buy the books from any shop in Laxmi nagar itself. I was just shocked on the words spoken. Thanks.. it seems that you are really doing kind of some social service for free that gives you right to say that to a customer. No wonder that books are still far from reach even in the era of online purchases.

Unfortunately, I have no other option left than taking an off from my office, drive to Neeraj Books and buy the books all by myself rather than relying on this online purchase way. Hope will do that today or tomorrow …


I also had similar experiences, when tried to buy books for myself earlier from Rajkamal Prakashan, but those people weren’t arrogant like this even when they had monopoly in same way. That time I was buying Chandrakanta Santati (6 Parts). I order through online and I got followed over phone and even intimated that books are not available right now, but will be back to tell you once new prints will be available. Though before new prints might have came, I found it from other shop two parts in some other print and rest four in other. So the story ended, but still I get newsletters from Raj Kamal Prakashan.

I think that’s the way someone communicate with customers not the way, Neeraj Books take thinking that people have to come to them in anyway. Someone should team them a lesson for sure …

Update 1: while writing the blog post, I wrote to them on April 09, 2010 …


Writing though I don't think that anyone read this. Will post at right place for sure.

Thanks for the arrogant conversation I had with someone from yours side on number 91-11-23260329, that "I should buy the book from somewhere else if in hurry", when I was just enquiring about status of my order, which I didn't got confirmed.

I am really not sure about the process you have in your place or the esclation matrix, you might be following for the complaints. definitely one could buy the books from somewhere else and having the books with you don't make you priviledged to treat the orders in this way.

Got the below given tailor made reply from their side finally by today April 10, 2010, after my furious mail mentioned above …


----- Original Message -----

From: Neeraj Publications

To: mr.nitish.kumar@gmail.com

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:49 PM

Subject: NEERAJ BOOKS

Dear Nitish Kumar,
The following is the response against your enquiry:
Please read the following carefully.
Message: The following is the reponse you have to look at:
Sir We are highly delighted to receive your Order of our NEERAJ BOOKS and are thankful for the same. We also let you know that your required NEERAJ BOOKS are available with us and Would be sent to you through V.P.P. Post Parcel Nearly with in 8 - 10 days and it takes atleast 10 - 12 days in the postal service to reach your destination. If you still have any other inquiry or want to get any other information about NEERAJ BOOKS then you may Email us at info@neerajbooks.com We assure you that we would try to provide you best of our co-operation and service as we feel that your satisfaction is our duty.

Thanking you
With Regards
NEERAJ PUBLICATIONS
(An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Com.)
1507 ,Ist Floor Nai Sarak ,
Delhi - 110006 ,
INDIA Ph. - 91-11-23260329, 69414105 Fax -91-11- 23285501
website www.neerajbooks.com
Email: info@neerajbooks.com



Have a nice day friend!
© ignou.neerajbooks.com 2009-10. All rights reserved. Powered by Web Hosting India.

I have replied that I will buy the books from some local shop in that case. Still I am helpless coz know that it wouldn’t be that easy to find the books from somewhere else and I have to drive to the bookshop finally. :(

Update 2: Someone from Neeraj Books contacted me today morning 8:40 AM, April 13, 2010. Informed that out of 7, 4 books are available with them and as the delivery address is local, they could manage to deliver the books personally. That was what I expected at the first place. Not sure that I was talking to the same person, I talked in last instance or in the instance months back.

Still issue is with timings, as most of the times, I remain in office. Though I asked him for Sunday, but will contact him again, if he could deliver the same books at a shop nearby my place, whom I will pay the money in advance.

Hope I will get a happy ending. Will update…

 

Requesting your comments. 

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Digg This

Comments :

0 comments to “Neeraj Publications-Arrogance take you nowhere”

Post a Comment

Readers are what make a place happening and comments/ feedbacks are what create a new world of possibilities